Glee is back! And if that wasn’t good enough they’re performing a number from one of my all-time favourite films, Grease.
The Glee-clubbers will be performing ‘Summer Lovin’ and anyone who had the privilege of hearing me and my friend Natalie perform this in the kitchen before almost every night out in my first year of uni, knows how much I love this song. I can’t wait!
OMGlee! New Promo for season 3!
Whilst it doesn’t feature any clips from the show, it still tells us quite a bit. Brittany and Santana are back in their Cheerio uniforms, Sue’s still her charming self and are Will and Emma holding hands?
Looks like it’s going to be a fun season!
Oh dear, just when it had finally left our heads, Rebecca Black’s ‘Friday’ is back courtesy of Glee. They’ve jazzed it up a bit, but it’s still terribly catchy.
Will this song ever get old?
For the record I would totally buy a Finn and Rachel Cat Calendar and I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one..
You should think about that Fox.
Did you see the New Directions rock it at Regionals last night? Watch the full performance of “Loser Like Me” again!
I loved this, but I just have one question, what are they wearing?!
This week there were weddings, surprise visitors and shock departures. Here’s what I liked and disliked:
- The Hudson/Hummel Wedding! Loved Carol and Burt’s ‘Glee’ wedding. I thought their vows were lovely and the dancing down the aisle was great. Finn’s song to Kurt was unexpected but overdue and I love that they’re brothers now.
- Sue’s Mum: Doris Sylvester ‘Nazi Hunter’ was brilliant. I loved that we got to see where Sue gets her quick witted insults from(‘Some people might say you mannish, but I think it’s perfectly alright for a woman to be handsome’), whilst also learning more about her childhood.
- The Glee Club stand up to Korofsky: Finally they gave him a taste of his own medicine and he deserved it.
- Sam and Quinn - ‘The Stars of McKinley’: I realise that they’ve only known each other six weeks and it’s a bit odd that Sam would be promising to marry Quinn already, but I loved his little speech to her. “I promise to tell you when you have food in your teeth and to come over when you need to move heavy things” - What a guy.
- Sue Sylvester Marrying Sue Sylvester: Whilst it was quite funny, I just found the whole Sue/Sue wedding a little strange and contrived. Surely they could have found another way to bring Sue’s mum to town?
- Kurt leaving McKinley: Totally did not see it coming. I don’t like that he’s been forced out because of Korofsky and it was really sad when he said goodbye to the Glee club. The silver lining though,I guess, is that we’re going to see a lot more of Darren Criss and ’The Warblers’ but I feel ‘New Directions’ just won’t be the same without Kurt.
Quote of the Episode:
Finn: ‘Are you sure we should release 300 doves indoors? Won’t that get kinda, messy?
Kurt: ‘That’s why we feed them glitter, Finn’
Song of the Episode:
It had to be ‘Marry You’. I loved the choreography down the aisle and I love the feel-good vibe of that song.
Overall this episode was great because of the wedding, but it wasn’t one of my favourites.
The original songs from Glee debuted this week and they are awesome! This one is the whole glee club singing ‘Loser Like Me’ and I love it. It’s a great feel-good song and I’ve had it on repeat all weekend. The other song is a solo by Lea Michele/Rachel Berry. Called ‘Get it Right’ it is an emotional ballad, that fully showcases Lea’s amazing voice.
Both songs are excellent and in my opinion long overdue. They should have done this a lot sooner.
This week Gwyneth Paltrow made her glee-club debut, Sue became
president principal and Terri came back to nurse her beloved Will. Here’s what I liked and disliked:
- The mini glee-clubbers! Too cute! I hope we see more of them, maybe in a flashback episode? Also you can also see a behind-the-scenes vid with the kids here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKEjrifP9Oo, which is sweet.
- Terri’s return. Oh how we’ve missed Will’s crackers ex-wife, who is now in therapy and ‘medicating’. Her face when she saw Holly was brilliant “Are you a porn star or a drag queen?”
- Holly Holiday. Gwyneth Paltrow is amazing! Holly is even better. She tweets her students, is BFFs with Sue (loved them having their highlights done, getting buzzed) and called Rachel out for being such a stick in the mud “god, you are such a drag”, who wouldn’t want to be in her class? Plus it meant we got rid of Mr Schu for a bit, which in my books is always a bonus.
- Sue’s school takeover. Of course her first order of business was to “destroy the glee club”, but she got distracted and ended up banning tater-tots, which I will now forever think of as ‘deep-fried deer poop’ (thanks Brittany). Also loved the way she hadn’t quite thought everything through when she went to cut the football team and Coach Beiste asked “who will the Cheerios cheer for?” “I will get back to you on all that…”. Power gets away from us all, Sue.
- Mr Schuester. I think he’s pretty annoying in general, but to see him ill was a whole new level of uncomfortable especially with all the baby talk, spoon-feeding and menthol rub massages -ew.And of course Will couldn’t go the whole episode without singing - couldn’t just be sick, could you Mr Schu? The only redeeming thing was that he wasn’t rapping and we got to see some of Harry Shum Jr’s brilliant dance moves. Every cloud and all..
- Korofsky. I really hope someone puts him in his place soon.
Quotes of the Episode:
- Santana to Holly: “Aren’t you, like 40?” Holly: “Yeah, Top 40!”
- Sue: “It’s broccoli. When I showed it to Brittany earlier, she began to whimper thinking I had cut down a small tree where a family of gummy bears lived.”
Song of the Episode:
As much as I loved the choreography and costumes of ‘Singing in the Rain/Umbrella’, my favourite of the episode had to be ‘Forget You’.
Overall this episode was one of the better ones of this season so far. Let’s hope it continues. And Gwyneth Paltrow is set to reprise her role in episode 15. Can’t Wait.