This week Damon and Ric plotted to kill Elijah whilst Stefan and Elena were away at the lake house. We discovered more about Stefan’s past and learned that you really need to make sure you have all the facts before attempting to kill an Original. Here’re my observations about the episode:
- I love the flashbacks to the 1800s, the costumes, the elegance of it all. Everyone was very happy to have destroyed the vampires, until oh wait, what’s that? They failed. Oops.
- “I knew I was about to die. I saw the vampire who killed me and I recognised him. It was Stefan Salvatore.” Ooh, so it turns out maybe Stefan wasn’t always the goody goody he is today.
- Love that Aunt Jenna is so oblivious to everything that’s going on. Her and Matt need to get together and put those pretty little heads to good use. Figure it out.
- Alaric Saltzman is the best name ever. Fact.
- Elena annoys me a lot. The way she moans and questions Stefan’s bloodthirsty past, like it might not be true. He’s a vampire, you idiot! That’s kind of what they do.
- And did Stefan really say that he was “clearly driven by the desire for blood”? Again, You Are A Vampire, it kinda comes with the territory..
- Katherine, along with Damon, is probably my favourite character of the show. I’m always surprised when I remember that Nina Dobrev plays both parts because Katherine is so good and Elena is so blah. I especially love Katherine and Damon’s banter.
- The dinner party was great. Again mostly because Jenna was so clueless as to what was about to happen. Even after Ric had stabbed Elijah, they had to move the body “before Jenna comes back with dessert”.
- Love Bonnie and Jeremy. Thought his awkward backtracking when Bonnie was less than thrilled at the prospect of being on a date, was sweet. And the way he asked her if she liked the kiss. Poor Jer’, he really doesn’t have the best luck with women. Note to Bonnie: Pick Jeremy.
- Of course Elena would forget the most important part of ‘How to Kill an Original’ and fail to mention that it’s only valid if the dagger stays in place. Cue Elijah at the lake house. This is what I love about the show. The fact that we’re always kept on our toes and you can never really tell what’s going to happen.
- I like Elena when she’s taking control and renegotiating. Maybe she is related to Katherine after all. And to actually go through with it was amazing! Especially when she stabbed Elijah herself, which I totally did not see coming! “little tip, don’t pull the dagger out”.
The episode ended with Ric giving John Gilbert his ring back, Bonnie losing her magic, Elena taking control of hunting Klaus and Katherine’s out of the tomb! SO excited to see what happens next..